Sunday, December 21, 2008

Snowmergency

It is Sunday morning and I am sitting on the couch looking out the window of our house in Hood River. We have at least 3 feet of snow outside. Interstate 84 West is closed all the way from Troutdale to Hood River. I am a little concerned that we are not going to make it into Portland for work on Monday morning (let me reiterate - I am a little concerned).

Yesterday we went looking for a Christmas tree but with all of the snow on the ground there were no Christmas tree farms open. It seems that the town has shut down. Fortunately, we have a keg-or-rator full of beer and fridge full of sandwich makings. We plan to get even more settled in and enjoy the peace and beauty that a winter storm brings.

Pictures to come when we get back to civilization. Happy Holidays everyone!

No comments: